Gibraltar is also accessible via Spain. Gibraltar adjoins the southern coast of Spain at the western end of the Mediterranean. In order to be allowed past the border into Gibraltar you will be required to be in possession of a valid passport. If you are unsure as to whether you require a visa to enter Gibraltar please click here.
The land frontier is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and there are no limits on the number of frontier crossings you can make. There is no charge to enter Gibraltar.
If you are driving to Gibraltar from Spain, take the N340 or the A7 (Cadiz - Malaga highway) and turn off at Junction 119 into the N351 which takes you to La Linea, the border town between Spain and Gibraltar. The frontier is just a five minute walk away from La Linea Bus Station.
It is neither necessary, or desirable, to bring a car.
Although we do have 16 spaces nearby, parking close to the Caleta Hotel is strictly limited to local residents, and all other vehicles left in these spaces will be clamped. Since Gibraltar is only about six square kilometres, it is very easy to get around.
See our Gibraltar page for more tourist information.
For further information on how to get to Gibraltar from Malaga Airport please contact the Gibraltar Tourist Board.
For further information on customs allowances from Gibraltar into Spain, please click here.
Gibraltar, with its prime location at the southern tip of Europe, guarding the gateway to the Mediterranean, is an ideal port of call for cruise ships and yachts.
The reasons are not hard to find. Gibraltar is an attractive destination that is being continuously developed not just economically and commercially but also from a tourism point of view. The town has modern services available. The airport is only a five-minute drive from the port, with daily connections to London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, Birmingham, Bristol and Manchester in the UK.
Please click here to view the current Cruise Schedules of Gibraltar Port.
Direct scheduled air services originate from the UK* and Morocco**.
Regular services to Gibraltar operate from the following destinations:
- London Heathrow UK by British Airways
- London Gatwick UK by easyJet
- London Luton UK by Monarch Airlines
- Manchester UK by Monarch Airlines
- Birmingham UK by Monarch Airlines
- Bristol UK by easyJet
- Tangier Morocco by Royal Air Maroc
Gibraltar is also easily accessed by those wishing to fly to Malaga or Jerez and both can be reached by road in approximately one hour and thirty minutes. Seville Airport is also accessible by car and is approximately two hours away. For further information on how to travel to Gibraltar from Malaga, Jerez or Seville please contact the Gibraltar Tourist Board.
In order to be allowed into Gibraltar you will be required to be in possession of a valid passport. If you are unsure as to whether you require a visa to enter Gibraltar please click here.
- To book a flight to Gibraltar with British Airways from London Heathrow Airport, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings, on www.ba.com.
- To book a flight to Gibraltar with easyJet from London Gatwick or Bristol* Airports, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings, on www.easyjet.com.
- To book a flight to Gibraltar with Monarch Airlines from London Luton, Manchester or Birmingham Airports, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings, on www.monarch.co.uk.
- To book a flight to Gibraltar with Royal Air Maroc from Tangier** Airport, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings, on www.royalairmaroc.com.
For information on customs allowance from Gibraltar to the United Kingdom, please click here.